A popular feature of the World LNG Summit & Awards, the Masterclasses provide direct access to the latest insights and perspectives from industry experts on the topics that matter today.
Fully CPD accredited, the sessions will arm you with the necessary tools to apply to your day job and shape your business strategy going forward whilst also starting your networking early.
Masterclass A | 09:30 - 17:30
What are the Long-Term Prospects for LNG?
- The global LNG market in 2023 and 2024
- What can we expect for LNG supply, demand, and prices in 2024?
- FIDs on new liquefaction capacity in 2024 and outlook for 2025
- Forecast LNG supply and demand 2024 to 2040
- What will LNG’s role be in the path to net-zero?
- Will price pressures ease as new liquefaction projects come onstream?
- How much new liquefaction capacity is required over the 2020s and how much will be built?
- Which markets the be the sources of demand growth?
- Which countries will start to import LNG and how much LNG will they need?
- How are LNG trade flows changing and what is the outlook for spot and short-term trading?
Andy Flower, Independent Consultant, Flower LNG
Masterclass B AM | 09:30-13:00
AM: LNG Project Structuring – How to Successfully Launch an LNG Project
- An introduction to the LNG value chain
- LNG project structuring models
- Selecting the appropriate project structure
- Key issues for new LNG projects
- How project sponsors and the host Government can collaborate to develop a viable and competitive LNG project
- Key LNG project agreements
Alex Kerr, Partner, Baker Botts L.L.P.
Rob Butler, Partner, Baker Botts L.L.P.
Masterclass B PM | 14:00-17:30
PM: Strategic and commercial implications of GHG emissions management
- The false dichotomy of energy transition vs energy security in the case of global gas and LNG
- GHG emissions policy and regulations
- Accounting for methane emissions
- Comparing the all-in GHG emissions intensity of natural gas, LNG, and coal supply chains
- The economic value of GHG emissions: potential penalties and abatement costs
- Implications for natural gas and LNG trade and pricing
- Strategic considerations for Natural Gas and LNG buyers and sellers
Christopher Goncalves, Chair & Managing Director, BRG Energy & Climate
Athanasia Arapogianni, Associate Director, BRG Energy & Climate